Thứ năm, Tháng 6 8, 2017
- President's Report: Neil Poulter updates on our unique and exciting global health campaign - May Measurement Month (MMM17)
- The Secretary's Voice: The ISH Secretary, Maciej Tomaszewski, gives you insights into the outcomes of recent ISH activities, the status of current undertakings, and future outlooks.
- Hot off the Press reports: (1) Is successful renal denervation a function of adherence to antihypertensive medication? (2) From RAG to Riches And Back Again: always keep an eye on our mice models (3) Podocyte specific APOL1 risk variant overexpression in mice induces proteinuric kidney disease
- Assessing adherence to prescribed drug treatment, or as Thomas Kahan puts it in his introductory remark: “Is Adherence to Medication the Elephant in the Room?” Needless to say, we all need to pay (more) attention to patient adherence to improve blood pressure control. Drug analyses may be one way of doing it! Apart from the Introduction, we present three papers on this topic, each with a different focus: one on the use of registries, a second on clinical aspects, and a third on ethics.
- Lipid Lowering in the Hypertensive Patient: Since hypertension and dyslipidaemia often co-exist I recommend that you read Peter Sever’s balanced report on the results of the FOURIER trial, comparing evolocumab and placebo in 27,500 patients with established CVD and recently published in the NEJM.
- Award winners: ISH funding for mentors and organisations to train research scholars in hypertension research
- New Investigator spotlight features - March to June 2017
- Council's Corner: Nadia Khan shares her views in a report entitled "Expanding the workforce in hypertension: A Focus on Pharmacists"
- SAHA and IASH, Mendoza meeting reports
- Facts about ISH membership